34,234 units of Botox injected & 443 syringes of dermal fillers implanted in 2014.
Much of the data here comes from my own recording of each day’s usage of Botox. I have Jessica to thank for entering this data every day at our Modesto plastic surgery office, Surgical Artistry.
Every patient is unique
Patients are not statistics.
By using these statistics, I am hoping that other Botox injectors will find them useful, and I will also use them to find ways to improve. Every Botox patient is unique and special to me – the statistics here is a look at my practice, not a look at an individual patient.
“Measure it to Improve it”
But for me, to be an excellent surgeon, it is my belief that my best surgical outcomes come from consistent practice, a good volume of injections, along with diligent purposeful thoughts of improvement. Thus I keep track of many things in my practice of medicine. These statistics are just one of them. There’s a saying which I put to practice from my surgery residency days: “You can’t manage what you don’t measure.” Although the phrase was first presented to me as “If you can measure it, you can improve it.” I prefer thinking the second iteration. It just sounds more positive to me.
2014 Year End Botox Statistics
- Number of Botox visits to us in Modesto, CA for the year: 1009. This is up from last year where I had a total of 724 visits. (there were still 2 more days left in the year when this was written and compiled), so these numbers will be even higher.
- 503 different patients were seen for Botox in 2014. This is up from 374 last year.
- Average number of patients per month: 84 patients per month.
- Total number of Botox units used per year: 34,234 Units.
- Dermal syringes injected over the year: 443 syringes of filler! I had no data on this last year. I do not have data on which type of syringe was used (ie. Belotero, Voluma, Radiesse, or Juvederm).
- As before, about half of my time is reserved for Acupuncture.
Average number of Botox units used per session.
Average number of Botox units used by patients per visit is 33.9 U.
Background in general for Calvin Lee, MD
Written by Calvin Lee, MD
- I have a degree from Brown University in Neurosciences.
- I have a medical degree from Brown University.
- I am a Board Certified General Surgeon
- I am an acupuncturist
- I am a violinist
- I also play the piano to help develop my dexterity and artistry
- My main focus now is minimally invasive type procedures done with needles such as Vein Sclerotherapy, Acupuncture, Botox and Dermal Fillers in our office in Modesto – Surgical Artistry. Dermal fillers which we use are: Radiesse, Juvederm, Belotero, and Voluma.
Botox Statistic Links
- Visit our Modesto Botox Practice
- Brilliant Distinctions growth over the years – statistics for # of members and # of dollars
- 2013 Modesto Botox Statistics for Calvin Lee, MD
- Attributes of highly successful Botox injectors
- Listing of about 40 different places to get Botox in Modesto. But of course, I hope I will be a top consideration! My webpage is www.InjectionArtistry.com