Dexterity for Surgery, Piano, and Botox Injections
Surgery depends a lot of dexterity. So does playing the piano. And so should Botox injections.
I have some unique ideas of developing and maintaining my Botox dexterity with Piano Practice.
- As with piano playing, I like to keep my wrist supple and flexible when injecting Botox.
- When injecting fillers, there are times where I have to do finger stretches to be able to maintain tension on the skin with my non-dominant hand, and then I also sometimes have to reach for the plunger which may be in slightly awkward positions for my dominant hand – it depends on the style of the plunger. Radiesse Volume Advantage is one of the larger syringes due to it’s 1.5 cc volume which is more than some of the other syringes of dermal filler.
- Timing is also key in Botox injections. Timing is a big deal in music and performing piano.
- Then there’s the grace in lifting off from the actual Botox injection. It would be a shame to waste Botox with a heavy handed lift-off – in that case, the Botox isn’t injected into the muscle – it might even be injected into the air. Thus a light lift-off is key. It’s akin to musical phrasing with the tapering that occurs and the lifting off of each note too.
Chopin Etude Op. 25, No. 1 (Aeolian Harp) as Botox Dexterity Practice
Here’s a piano piece which is dedicated to finger dexterity building. It is also one of the most beautiful melodies I have ever encountered in an finger dexterity etude. This piece is also known as the Aeolian Harp Etude.
Yes, that’s me. Recorded at my home in Modesto, California. Yes, this is one of the great things you can do in Modesto – practice piano! And record piano for YouTube! And write this blog… ok, the list goes on and on regarding great things in Modesto, CA.
Quoted from the wikipedia entry on this piece:
“Technically, the piece requires both dexterity and velocity, good balance and weighting of the arms coupled with flexible finger stretches”.
For me my dexterity and musical challenges are: evenness, flexibility in the wrist, and flexibility with finger stretches, light touch, and musical line phrasing. I hope to continue to work on this to make it even better.
And a light touch is very very important in lightening the sensation of any pain from Botox shots.
Consider getting Botox from us in Modesto, CA
Our other Procedures include:
- Dermapen – for acne scars and skin tightening
- Voluma injections for the Cheek – a Juvederm XC product.
- Radiesse injections
- Asclera injections for Spider Veins
- Belotero Balance
- Obagi Blue Peel
- Obagi Blue Peel radiance
- Mole Removal